Cirrus, the Company

What’s the latest with Cirrus Design as a company? Latest I heard was outselling Cessna in Q1. But how is it doing with regard to cashflow? Profitability? Cirrus received a $20M infusion from Crescent, a Bahrain-based investment firm, in about 2000. What are the goals of that investment…IPO? Appreciate any info, insights, guesses.

someone wrote an article a few months ago saying that they may be on their way to an IPO.

cash flow a couple quarters ago was borderline positive…
by now they might be in the black…

I think they got 100 mill from Crescent, but a lot of that was dept relief…some cash…

markets are strengthening, maybe soon IPO market will be solid…

who knows.

Thank you. You’re right about the 100M, not 20. Markets are improving, more and more IPOs. Plus other mfgs may be willing to pay for not only cashflow but approvals…a very time-consuming process which would take others until the NEXT recession!

actually now that I check…

they have had a few quarters of positive EBITDA…
with small losses adding in interest expenses etc…

gross margins continue to climb…

Where do you see the financials?

Bob

I’m an investor…

Intersting…

I would agree this sure feels like the right time for a financial investor like Crescent Capital to get out. Sure would like to see an “owners” buy out. Cessna would look to be the only one around with deep enough pockets in the GA business to buy Cirrus. And they really need a new product if they want to stay in the game.

Bob