B vs. C Configuration

I would appreciate any comments on the bene’s of the B vs. C configurations on SR20, I’m really on the fence! Thanks in advance.

Erik

I would appreciate any comments on the bene’s of the B vs. C configurations on SR20, I’m really on the fence! Thanks in advance.

Erik

Erik,

If you go to the bottom of this forum, and then click search, and make sure you check the “archives” box when you do, search for something like the word configuration or maybe “B” or “C” – you will find a lot of posts on the subject.

Not that I am trying to dissuade others from posting now, just that it will be a good resource for you.

For what it is worth, I think "C"s will be more desirable on the re-sale market, but unless you are doing a lot of Hard IFR, I think the B is plenty.

Dean

Erik

I agree with Dean G below who thinks the “C” will be better on resale, plus you get the benefit of it while you own it. Go for it!

Erik

I will say in one of trinidads i had the 55 auto pilot wow can it lock onto the glideslope and the gpss i never had but it sounds great in thery im geting c on my plane mostly for that then you have the backup electric from Don 215

Erik

I have just taken delivery of a 20 with the C package. Definitely worth it if you can step up. THe 55 is great. On one leg back it went on a 500ft and came off at 300ft after a coupled approach. The extra redundancy is good to have, but the thing I glossed over until I actually flew it was how convenient it is having two identical GNS 430s. You don’t have to think about the differences. You just learn one, and know you can do everything on either. Just adds to the simplicity thing.

Rgds

Adrian

Erik

Erik,

If you go to the bottom of this forum, and then click search, and make sure you check the “archives” box when you do, search for something like the word configuration or maybe “B” or “C” – you will find a lot of posts on the subject.

Not that I am trying to dissuade others from posting now, just that it will be a good resource for you.

For what it is worth, I think "C"s will be more desirable on the re-sale market, but unless you are doing a lot of Hard IFR, I think the B is plenty.

Dean

Adrian,

As a matter of interest, what is the useful load, dry, and the useful load fully fueled of your 20 with the C package?

Pete

Erik

I have just taken delivery of a 20 with the C package. Definitely worth it if you can step up. THe 55 is great. On one leg back it went on a 500ft and came off at 300ft after a coupled approach. The extra redundancy is good to have, but the thing I glossed over until I actually flew it was how convenient it is having two identical GNS 430s. You don’t have to think about the differences. You just learn one, and know you can do everything on either. Just adds to the simplicity thing.

Rgds

Adrian

Erik

Erik,

Dean