Atlantic article on line

The June issue of the Atlantic is now off the newsstand, replaced by the gala July-August issue containing a news-making, previously unpublished novella by Mark Twain. (The Atlantic’s editor, Mike Kelly, was on the Today show this morning and Newshour this evening about the Twain story.)

So, you should go buy the July-Aug issue, and use the damned blowin card to subscribe – but then you can find the June cover story online. Here it is:

Freedom of the Skies - The Atlantic

Jim,

Great article. Today I again searched my doorstep in vain for my copy of ‘Free Flight.’ Amazon says it was shipped 6 days ago but the UPS web-site over the past three days shows it stored safely in San Bruno. Maybe your next book should be on the shipping industry? :>)

Thanks for posting the link.

George

SR22 #95

The Washington Post, in addition to having an OK-if-crabby-in-parts review (“A revived small plane system would be nice – but will it help America’s poor?”) also posts the first chapter of some books it reviews. I see that they’ve just posted the first chapter of Free Flight:

http://washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/style/longterm/books/chap1/freeflight.htm

What kind of a review would you expect from journalists? (That’s a joke Jim)

The Washington Post, in addition to having an OK-if-crabby-in-parts review (“A revived small plane system would be nice – but will it help America’s poor?”) also posts the first chapter of some books it reviews. I see that they’ve just posted the first chapter of Free Flight:

As Andy Bresler already said, everyone with an interest in Cirrus (or general aviation for that matter) will love this book. We should all read it, and get our friends to read it too (so they can understand our obsession!).

For a corporation, Cirrus is wonderfully open and ingenuous, but Jim’s book goes further than they can in discussing the financial realities behind the scenes. (Maybe that’s why I didn’t see the book for sale in the Cirrus lobby when I was there a week ago.) It’s astounding that a company with such proven potential must still fight so hard for acceptable financial backing. Let’s hope that Free Flight generates enough interest to remedy this investor foolishness.

Jim, do you have any Bay Area book promos scheduled?

(“A revived small plane system would be nice – but will it help America’s poor?”)

Don’t give it a thought Jim. The Washington Post nevers fails to meet or exceed even the most expansive expectations for whining irrelevancies. Next will be something like, “McGwire smashes his 71st, but will it help America’s poor?” These characters can’t get through their heads what anyone who has earned a C+ in a high school American history course knows intuitively, that anything that improves transportation, efficiency, and access to the economy in general helps EVERYONE. Cripes.

My copy of ‘Free Flight’ finally arrived. Perfect “Independence Day” reading. I’m glad the Washington Post is paying attention, whatever the viewpoint. Let the debate begin!

(“A revived small plane system would be nice – but will it help America’s poor?”)

Don’t give it a thought Jim. The Washington Post nevers fails to meet or exceed even the most expansive expectations for whining irrelevancies. Next will be something like, “McGwire smashes his 71st, but will it help America’s poor?” These characters can’t get through their heads what anyone who has earned a C+ in a high school American history course knows intuitively, that anything that improves transportation, efficiency, and access to the economy in general helps EVERYONE. Cripes.