24 volt power unit - looking

I am looking for a 24volt power unit with the plug adapter to just to power my avionics in the hangar. Any ideas for something inexpensive?

Marc Hannah

mrhannah [at] comcast [dot] net

I bought mine from him few months ago and it works great. He makes them.

Alex

[Note - edited to obfuscate email address due to presence on public Forum]

Thanks, Alex. It’s best to use a COPA private message email. I don’t check the comcast.net email that frequently.

I can highly recommend Marc as well. He makes great units and I use them biweekly to perform my database updates for the MFD. The whole download to update my approach charts takes about 10-15 minutes. Rather than run down the battery I hook up Marc’s box and it powers all the avionics and actually partially recharges the battery as well.

Thanks everyone. Looks like Marc was the answer.

Hey Marc you still making the GPU units??

Hi Andrea,
Yes, I’m still making them upon request. I’m on the road now, so it will be about a week before I could get one shipped to you. A 600 watt unit for running the avionics and topping off the battery is $240 plus $15 shipping, or $255 total if paid by check, PayPal friends & family non-merchandise, Venmo, or Zelle (i.e., no transfer fee method). It’s 3% more ($262.65) if using a credit card on PayPal or directly. PayPal or Zelle to mrhannah@gmail.com, or Venmo to @Marc-R-Hannah.

Shipping is by USPS Priority Mail flat rate box (1-3 days). I typically assemble the unit the weekend after I receive payment.

Hi Marc,
I’m a soon-to-be new Cirrus owner and would like to order one of your GPU units. If you’re still making them, please let me know your current pricing and the best way to send you shipping details.
Thank you,
Mike

Hi Mike - welcome to COPA! And congratulations on the soon-to-be ownership!

I just ordered a unit from Marc a few days ago. He was very responsive at mrhannah@gmail.com

I paid $255 including shipping.

Also - might I recommend you joining COPA as a member? I bought a new-to-me Cirrus last year and this community has been absolutely amazing. Well worth the investment times 100.

Thanks for the info Mukul. I have joined COPA as a member and look forward to learning a lot as I browse the forum.
Mike

1 Like