Two blade props - how many out there?

I would like to hear from anyone who has a two-blade prop and has a reasonable number of hours up - one theory advanced for the multiple vacuum pump failures is that the failures are due to torsional vibration and it would be interesting to see if there is any pattern with failures vs. prop blades.

All the planes I am aware of that have had multiple vac pump failures have 3 blade props - but then most of the SR20 fleet has 3 blade props, so I don’t know if this is significant unless I can get some data on what two-blade SR20s are out there.

I would like to hear from anyone who has a two-blade prop and has a reasonable number of hours up - one theory advanced for the multiple vacuum pump failures is that the failures are due to torsional vibration and it would be interesting to see if there is any pattern with failures vs. prop blades.

All the planes I am aware of that have had multiple vac pump failures have 3 blade props - but then most of the SR20 fleet has 3 blade props, so I don’t know if this is significant unless I can get some data on what two-blade SR20s are out there.

We have a 2 blade prop, 95 hours, no vacuum failures (alternator failure and 2 HSI failures instead)

Steve

Two blade prop, 140 hours. 1 GNS 430 failure and now the HSI is reverse sensing on VOR’s. Otherwise no real sqawks to speak of.

Larry, N171CD

I would like to hear from anyone who has a two-blade prop and has a reasonable number of hours up

110 hours, vaccuum pumps and landing lights OK. Two Alternator problems due to poor crimping of wiring, plus numerous other small itme.

2 blade prop. 530 hours. 3 (possibly 4) vacuum pump failures. Too many landing lights to count.

2 blades, about 150 hours on sr20, literally countless landing lights, no vacuum failures, numerous HSI failures.

Brand

223 Hours, 2 Blade Prop, No Vacuum, 1 alternator
wire, 1 landing light at about 50 hours, 2 Transponder failure (1 antenna ground and 1 box off freq on reply)