The Woman Who Walked into Doors

It sounded racist. I did not hear the outrage by the legacy media.

So true. Nobody writes dialogue quite like Roddy Doyle can. I’m half way through his latest book, ‘Smile’.

It’s funny, dark, sad and cathartic. The protagonist has hidden from difficult memories, just like Paula in TWWWID and, by the sounds of things, just like your patient.

Merry Christmas :wink:

If I were Doug Jones, I’d spend every Sunday from now until he goes to DC in a black church, keep that going for 2018.

I guess this this is one of the true signs of a politician. Act like one and pretend to be something you aren’t. Politic in church? A true sign of a politician. Leave the politics out of church or label yourself as a hypocrite.

I truly concur with your opinion of Moore. I never have felt comfortable with him and probably because of his public attempt to be persecuted for his beliefs. Never make persecution your platform.

Back to your original post, you are dead on with your observation of neglect and abuse. My philosophy is that it starts at home around the kitchen table ( when we lost this it appears we lost a lot of morality). As parents we are respon for leading our children in the way they should go. Respect for our wife and all women is paramount. Subte actions such as walking beside or behind them, opening the door for them, recognizing them as the weaker vessel yet respecting them as the most important part of life.

We must lead by example and with conviction. This is the only way to change a broken society. Authors, philosophers nor teachers can change it but fathers can.

Thanks much for the post and I hope we can all shed light on the epidemic. Hope your family has a great holiday season.

Psycho-historic digression: Indira Gandhi became Prime Minister around the time I joined kindergarten. She was assassinated in office right when I joined grad school. For the span of my childhood and youth, she loomed the indispensable actor in the chaos of Indian politics, ruthlessly pushing her political agenda, which included jailing practically her entire opposition during the '75-'77 Emergency.

The same “weak vessel” also liberated Bangladesh while the Seventh Fleet (led by the USS Enterprise) steamed towards the Bay of Bengal and another carrier group from the British Navy positioned itself in the Arabian Sea in a pincer designed to discourage the Indian army from overrunning America’s (West) Pakistani client.

That could have influenced my radically different view of women’s innate abilities.

“Husbands, likewise, dwell with them with understanding, giving honor to the wife, as to the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life, that your prayers may not be hindered.”
‭‭I Peter‬ ‭3:7‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

I base my comment on scripture, not to force on anyone else. My comment “weaker vessel” is not meant male dominance rather in context of authority which is required for me to care for. I concur that there are been many women that have made huge differences in this world. I commend them for such.

What in the hell are you guys talking about? Too deep for me. I’m married. I just do what I am told and try to stay out of the way.

…except I do post on COPA even though I’ve been told not to. Shhhh…

I suspected Nancy wasn’t up on the scriptural assurance of “authority” either. Or she wilfully misinterpreted it.

Next time Nancy tries to boss you around, quote her Paul from Timothy 2:12:

Forget about it. JuanK likes to sleep indoors. [;)]