The effects of a lawsuit...

Disclamier: I know only what I’ve learned by reading posts on this board. I am in NO WAY passing judgement on the merits of any action.

It is impossible for me to ignore the posts to this forum that suggest there may be legal action coming againsts CD and/or WA. Can anyone please clarify this for me?

I find it impossible to ignore because I’m afraid of what this might mean for insurance premiums, and/or CD. Should I be? I have no experience in this area. It just seems to me that given the already large number of posts bemoaning the cost of insurance, future owners like myself might be sweating something like this. Especially considering the small number of planes out there.

Thoughts, facts, ideas appreciated. I hope this topic of discussion is not deemed to be inflamatory in any way. It is not meant to be.

Sincerely,

Dean G

Dean,

If I understand your question correctly, our insurance costs will be a direct result of claims actuals. Anytime any claim is paid for an accident (or theft, or damage on the ramp, etc…), it will go into the statistics and they will build rates based on Actual data. Personal liability strategies like LLC’s would not really change the value paid as a result of a claim, so while that might protect a individual owner, it probably not affect the cost of the claim and therefore not affect your premiums.

Now for any claims against Cirrus like breech of contract - like mentioned below - or Wings - if they had liablity in the recent crash (not saying either is true or that I support it - I do not) that would be a remedy for failure to perform or negligence and would not have any affect on yours and mine liability insurance premiums. It probably would affect Cirrus’s or WA cost of Corporate Business insurance and therefore drive up product or service costs. The affect on us would be to raise costs for planes, service and spare parts.

Roger

N706CD

Disclamier: I know only what I’ve learned by reading posts on this board. I am in NO WAY passing judgement on the merits of any action.

It is impossible for me to ignore the posts to this forum that suggest there may be legal action coming againsts CD and/or WA. Can anyone please clarify this for me?

I find it impossible to ignore because I’m afraid of what this might mean for insurance premiums, and/or CD. Should I be? I have no experience in this area. It just seems to me that given the already large number of posts bemoaning the cost of insurance, future owners like myself might be sweating something like this. Especially considering the small number of planes out there.

Thoughts, facts, ideas appreciated. I hope this topic of discussion is not deemed to be inflamatory in any way. It is not meant to be.

Sincerely,

Dean G