Postion #34, serial 1031 delivery

I called Cirrus today and was told, they delivered position#34 which equates to serial number 1031 today. They expect (alltogether) 7 maybe 8 deliveries this month and 9 next month (May). To go to much more than this rate, they need more captial. Maybe 20-30 Million $$$$$$.

If all position holders (about 500) send in their progress payments of $15,000 each today, it would be a 7.5 million dollar help to Cirrus that would speed up production. I already sent mine in. It probably won’t help me at this point but will help people with number 100 and up. How is that for fate in Cirrus?

I called Cirrus today and was told, they delivered position#34 which equates to serial number 1031 today. They expect (alltogether) 7 maybe 8 deliveries this month and 9 next month (May). To go to much more than this rate, they need more captial. Maybe 20-30 Million $$$$$$.

If all position holders (about 500) send in their progress payments of $15,000 each today, it would be a 7.5 million dollar help to Cirrus that would speed up production. I already sent mine in. It probably won’t help me at this point but will help people with number 100 and up. How is that for fate in Cirrus?

There are more than 500 position holders now. I am number 619 with a projected delivery of 5/31/2002 (I’m not holding my breath). I have been enjoying the forum for the last two weeks. I thought I was a cynical guy until I started reading some of the comments on this site. I can only imagine the frustrations you guys have had to endure.

The problem could easily seem to be a lack of capital, but a closer look at the numbers suggest it is the learning curve of efficient airplane building: 450 employees working 8 hours per day for 22 days/month = 79,200 person-hours. Divide that into 8 SR20s, and you have 9900 hours of construction each. For those of us who chickened out of the lancair kits because we didn’t have 2000+ hours to spend away from our wives and jobs, there is recognition of the terrific task that still needs to occur in Duluth to make this venture a success. Sending in more money may not be the key here. Be patient, have faith, and notice how the learning curve is clearly and cleanly moving in the right direction.

Send in my $15,000 payment early??? Reza, I thoroughly enjoy the personality and perspective you bring to this forum, but once again you are sniffing too much glue. aa

Maybe I’m missing something, but it seems much more sensible to take an SR22 position. It’s totally refundable for now, and might be worth something down the road. When they convert to firm contracts, if you don’t want to keep it you can get a refund or decide at that point to apply the 15K to your SR20 contract.

Send in my $15,000 payment early??? Reza, I thoroughly enjoy the personality and perspective you bring to this forum, but once again you are sniffing too much glue. aa

I don’t know what you mean? Cirrus asked for $7500 now and another &7500 in two months. I decided to send in the whole $15,000 now. It’s a small difference, but I figured what the heck. What’s wrong with that?

What I think you’re missing is tha Reza is trying to find a way to speed up production of the SR20, not a way make money on his investment.

Joe

Maybe I’m missing something, but it seems much more sensible to take an SR22 position. It’s totally refundable for now, and might be worth something down the road. When they convert to firm contracts, if you don’t want to keep it you can get a refund or decide at that point to apply the 15K to your SR20 contract.

What I think you’re missing is tha Reza is trying to find a way to speed up production of the SR20, not a way make money on his investment.

That’s my point. In both scenarios CD gets an extra 15K from me now. They are not committing to hold the 15K SR22 deposits in escrow. I’m sure they’re using the funds for “general corporate purposes”. My 15K just (potentially) works harder for me by reserving an SR22 which I might want down the road anyway.

I have already done this, so I’m not just postulating. Nor am I suggesting that everyone should do it. I was merely offering that if one were so inclined to part with another 15K now there is a better way to go…

That’s my point. In both scenarios CD gets an extra 15K from me now. They are not committing to hold the 15K SR22 deposits in escrow. I’m sure they’re using the funds for “general corporate purposes”. My 15K just (potentially) works harder for me by reserving an SR22 which I might want down the road anyway.

I have already done this, so I’m not just postulating. Nor am I suggesting that everyone should do it. I was merely offering that if one were so inclined to part with another 15K now there is a better way to go…