OH NO, Not more Arnav stuff

Just as another point in the never ending
Arnav controversy, Cirrus’ competition is not
sitting still. I was at a local Cessna dealers the other day and like all good sales reps he keeps after me to go with the Cessna products instead of Cirrus, a tough sell but he did get my attention with their features for the KMD550 display.

They have this “Multi-Hazard Awareness System” called the KMH 880 which gives Stormscope, Traffic avoidance, and a version of a terrain/ground proximity system. They also offer Datalink traffic info via the Mode “S” transponder. Also datalink weather.

My point is the other airplane manufacturers are not sitting still.

M Myers

Just as another point in the never ending
Arnav controversy, Cirrus’ competition is not
sitting still. I was at a local Cessna dealers the other day and like all good sales reps he keeps after me to go with the Cessna products instead of Cirrus, a tough sell but he did get my attention with their features for the KMD550 display.

They have this “Multi-Hazard Awareness System” called the KMH 880 which gives Stormscope, Traffic avoidance, and a version of a terrain/ground proximity system. They also offer Datalink traffic info via the Mode “S” transponder. Also datalink weather.

My point is the other airplane manufacturers are not sitting still.

Respectfully M Myers, Actually, it is the other way around. Cessna and others are being driven by Cirrus to update their aircraft, but they have missed the most important point; THE AIRPLANE ITSELF. Granted, the King 550 is a great product, but it is surrounded by aircraft designed in the 1950’s and ‘60’s. Putting in a new set of updated avionics in Cessnas and Pipers still leaves a very old airplane to live with.

While many here have vented about the Engine Monitoring, the ARNAV display is still a great display. I like the uncluttered look without the full chart. Just displaying the Airspace, Airports, VORÂ’s, and obstructions, etc, is more than enough data to see at one time. Counting the Arnav, Sandel, the 2-Garmin 430Â’s, the Cirrus has 4 moving maps surrounded by a 21st Century Aircraft.

Just my opinion, Denis (N726CD, SR22 and 65 hours)

M Myers