new-style dash-board (important!)

Hi,

Do you own a new 20/22 with the new style dash-board that has a riveted piece of plastic on top of the avionics stack instead of a single piece of plastic for the whole dash?

If so, please contact me (click on e-mail above), as I have some questions to ask you.

This is important, please respond.

Paul

Hi,

Do you own a new 20/22 with the new style dash-board that has a riveted piece of plastic on top of the avionics stack instead of a single piece of plastic for the whole dash?

If so, please contact me (click on e-mail above), as I have some questions to ask you.

This is important, please respond.

Paul

Paul,

I think I have what you are talking about. Take a look at this picture and let me know.

http://pages.prodigy.net/larry_nilsen/cirlg008.htm

Larry

Thank you everyone (especially Mike) for responding. My message was vague because I didn’t want to say anything in public until I knew whether or not I was the only person with the dash cap.

I thought the plastic “cap” was riveted onto the rest of the dash, and hadn’t seen any other airplanes with this design, so I thought this was a new ECO released right around the time of my 22.

When I tried to remove my ICDS2000, I couldn’t get it past the cap. As it turns out, the cap is not riveted, those are actually tiny allen screws and the cap is easily removed to service the top of the avionics stack and the ICDS2000.

Kudos to CD! I think they probably made it easier to service the 2000, not harder, with this change.

All is well,

Thanks again, great forum.

Paul