Mixed headset config

I have noticed that rightseaters bringing their own ANR headsets caused imbalances (in impedance I guess) in the intercom to the extend, that it is more difficult to communicate than with two Lightspeeds (the standard issue).

Anybody else noticed?

HK

I have noticed that rightseaters bringing their own ANR headsets caused imbalances (in impedance I guess) in the intercom to the extend, that it is more difficult to communicate than with two Lightspeeds (the standard issue).

Anybody else noticed?

HK

Yes, I have experienced similar imbalance with a Lightspeed 15 in combination with some other brands. It is a general impedance problem of both the mikes and the earpieces, and has nothing to do with Lightspeed. If you read carefully thru headset tests and comparisons, you will find quite a variety of different impedances. Best guess: keep to one brand for all 4 seats.

Timm

I have the same problem mixing 2 DC’s (wife and myself) and 2 Pilot headsets (kids.)

With only the DC’s everything works great.

Anybody else noticed?

HK

Yes, I have experienced similar imbalance with a Lightspeed 15 in combination with some other brands. It is a general impedance problem of both the mikes and the earpieces, and has nothing to do with Lightspeed. If you read carefully thru headset tests and comparisons, you will find quite a variety of different impedances. Best guess: keep to one brand for all 4 seats.

Timm