Lunch Stop in OH or IN

Any recommendations for a nice place to stop for lunch through central Ohio of Indiana? We will be basically flying Hwy 70 through the middle East to West.
Is there a web site that collects this type of info?
Thanks,

Gaynor Blake

Try KMFD- Mansfield, Ohio. Nice restaurant on the ramp, military planes, controlled field, and IFR agreeable.

Nearby is a prison where they made such notable movies as Tango and Cash, and Shawshank Redemption.

In reply to:

Any recommendations for a nice place to stop for lunch through central Ohio of Indiana? We will be basically flying Hwy 70 through the middle East to West.

Is there a web site that
collects this type of info?

Hundred dollar hamburger.com

Thanks,
Gaynor Blake

I would stop at http://www.airnav.com/airport/mfd Mansfield (KMFD) Ohio

Nice people - good food and attractive female tower personnel — so I have heard [:)]

In reply to:

Is there a web site that collects this type of info?
Thanks,
Gaynor Blake

On the way to OSH, I just stopped the other day at KBAK in IN. They have a resturant on the field and a decent fuel price.

If you have the time, Sporty’s is just west of Cincinnati at I69 - support FBO support and it’s always nice to stop at such a supper pilot shop!

Terre Haute, IN (KHUF) is a good stop. Nice FBO and a short walk to the restaurant in the terminal (not being used by airlines, as they pulled out several years ago). Not a very busy field, but if you are in luck, the INANG F-16’s will be flying, always a good show.

Thanks all. KBAK ended up being the best choice for our route, etc, etc. We thoroughly enjoyed the meal overlooking the field. This was the first long cross country for my wife, and it worked out so well she is up for other trips.
Thanks again.
Gaynor

KMIE, Muncie, Indiana is contolled and has a good restaurant.

Thanks - sounds like a great place.

Gaynor

In reply to:

Thanks all. KBAK ended up being the best choice for our route, etc, etc. We thoroughly enjoyed the meal overlooking the field. This was the first long cross country for my wife, and it worked out so well she is up for other trips.
Thanks again.
Gaynor

Glad it worked out. This is one of my favorite stops when going to Chicago. This must be the least busy contrlolled field in the country.
Mason