LOP power setting

I’ve read several articles on LOP operation in COPA. I’m a little confused about the FF for percent of power and whether I’m setting it properly. What I have been doing is reading FF at Peak EGT then looking at the graph for that FF and setting EGT on the 1st to peak to the minus temp to stay out of the red box. Is this correct? In the articles it doesn’t tell you this. (SR22)

In reply to:

I’ve read several articles on LOP operation in COPA. I’m a little confused about the FF for percent of power and whether I’m setting it properly. What I have been doing is reading FF at Peak EGT then looking at the graph for that FF and setting EGT on the 1st to peak to the minus temp to stay out of the red box. Is this correct? In the articles it doesn’t tell you this. (SR22)

1. Pull the mixture quickly back well past peak (BMP= Big Mixture Pull)

2. Start slowly enrichening mixture and push Lean Assist.

3. As soon as first cylinder peaks, pull mixture back about 1-2 gph.

Now look at FF and Degrees lean of peak on the cylinder that peaked. (It may not still have a box around it). Compare the necessary degrees LOP for that FF. If you need, for instance, to be 37 degrees lean and you are only 26, lean a little more and compare again. Do the opposite if you are leaner than necessary. Repeat the iterative process until required degrees LOP = actual for your FF. With this technique you can set the power right on the edge of the red fin every time.

My FF is not captured in the box as your indicated. I must have an older version of software. So in my case I do need to note the FF.
Thanks

In reply to:

My FF is not captured in the box as your indicated. I must have an older version of software. So in my case I do need to note the FF.
Thanks

Your FF doesn’t get a box around it, your EGT does.

The only time you need to look at FF is after you have peaked and you are comparing the Deg. LOP with Required Deg. LOP for the FF you are at.