Jets

A TAXI YOU HAIL AND BAIL
By Otis Port
Edited by Neil Gross

12/16/2002
BusinessWeek

(Copyright 2002 McGraw-Hill, Inc.)

The rest of this post was deleted since it contained obviously copyrighted material with no statement of permission from the copyright holder.

Steve Lin

Since I paid for the article it was impossible to link…

you are the only place on the whole entire internet that cares about this…
you missed a greta write up on jets and parachutes on the wy…

pretty pitiful stuff guys…

Without commenting specifically on xyzebra’s previous post, but as a law school professor, intellectual property lawyer (patent attorney) who teaches copyright law, and represents many corporate and university clients–two words: FAIR USE.

Depriving authors of the reward (or additional reward) they’re entitled to is bad (so is censorship and the use of non-public domain content). Not all clip-art, icons, and pasted doodads are public domain. Another example, while Mr. Hemmingway’s heirs may not have lost a sale (could have made some more) from scanned dust covers (perhaps used in parody) everything in life is derivative at some level. We only need to be fair.

So I agree with Gordon–just tell us how to get the content–get permission–or write a short review.

Fly safe–happy holidays–and let’s work at enjoying each others virtual company.

Thank you.

Respectfully,

sps

do you chastize each other for saying “darn” and “geez”?

wouldn’t be surprised.

In reply to:

you are the only place on the whole entire internet that cares about this…

I think anyone who writes or publishes articles, music, software (like me), textbooks (like Airboy), etc. would disagree with you.

Looking back at your previous posts, it seems that most of them are copied articles and news items (most, if not all, copyrighted). Many are interesting and relevant, and I appreciate your bringing them to our attention. In the future, why not use links? If it can’t be linked, just let us know about it and what it’s all about.

do you chastize each other for saying “darn” and “geez”?

No, just for misspelling “chastise.”

I hope so. At least there is one place on the web I don’t mind my children going. I consider your comment a compliment to the general civility of the site.

As far as copyrights, would you let someone publish a book you wrote without asking and without compensating you? I find the ethics of the people administering this site refreshing.

bring back the public forum…
the original one without all the filtering going on…

no need to respond…
just take a look at the rest of the millions and billions of articles pasted every day outside your sanctuary…

you guys are wound way too tight…
:slight_smile: either taht ao every one of you is an author…

equally as wierd.

bring back the public forum…
the original one without all the filtering going on…

no need to respond…
just take a look at the rest of the millions and billions of articles pasted every day outside your sanctuary…

you guys are wound way too tight…
:slight_smile: either taht ao every one of you is an author…

equally as wierd.

Or just have higher standards.

As the author of an image digitizing and analysis software package that was pirated by a major european microscope manufacturer and made available for free over the internet to everyone who bought their digitizing tablets, I think the editorial practices of the folks who run this web site are totally appropriate!

you guys are wound way too tight…:slight_smile: either taht ao every one of you is an author…

Nope, just people who long ago figured out how to (a) capitalize the first letter of a sentence and (b) click on the “Check spelling” button.