Insurance renewal - down 10%

I’ve just renewed my insurance through AOPA.

If I factor out the $10K increase in hull coverage, it looks like a 10% rate reduction.

I think mine was the 10th customer aircraft, have others who renewed had similar experience?

Last year it appeared that I was paying about the same as I would have had to pay for a similarly valued 182.

Overall the rates for the SR20 seem to be very good compared with other aircraft.

From what I’ve seen on this site, perhaps they are a bit high for low time pilots, but I don’t know what those same pilots would have to pay for the same coverage on a new 172 or 182.

I am curious, so does anyone out there know what the premium would be for a new pilot, say 100-200 hr-VFR or so, on a new 172?

172 insurance would be about 1300-1400, I have a Dakota 236 and got it with 100 hours and was charge 1700/year, 172 is lesser hull value>

If I factor out the $10K increase in hull coverage, it looks like a 10% rate reduction.

I think mine was the 10th customer aircraft, have others who renewed had similar experience?

Last year it appeared that I was paying about the same as I would have had to pay for a similarly valued 182.

Overall the rates for the SR20 seem to be very good compared with other aircraft.

From what I’ve seen on this site, perhaps they are a bit high for low time pilots, but I don’t know what those same pilots would have to pay for the same coverage on a new 172 or 182.

I am curious, so does anyone out there know what the premium would be for a new pilot, say 100-200 hr-VFR or so, on a new 172?

What was the insured hull value on these aircraft?

172 insurance would be about 1300-1400, I have a Dakota 236 and got it with 100 hours and was charge 1700/year, 172 is lesser hull value>