Insurance rates

I just received my Ins. Quote with Global and the rate jumped from $2900 to $3700 with 125 hrs in type, IFR, and 1000 hrs total, CPPP coarse, blaa,blaa,blaa.

Anyone have a similar story?

db

It sucks but what are you going to do otherwise?

You are lucky. I have four planes (not Cirrus) and the average increase this year was 40%. This is happening everywhere.

Best regards,

Ted

Yea! $3,000 - $4200 with lower coverage: 1,500 TT, 350 TIT, IFR, Clean record! Turn your head and cough!

Marty

Ride the bus, Go Greyhound!!!

Cherokee Six $1,000,000 smooth 140k hull increase of 8.3% at 2/03 renewal

I understand from a new SR22 buyer that Cirrus Design is subsidizing some insurance premiums and considering a more formal program to address this crisis. Has anybody else been briefed on this new initiative?

Marty, more like bend over and relax! Mike N402MB SR22

In reply to:

I understand from a new SR22 buyer that Cirrus Design is subsidizing some insurance premiums and considering a more formal program to address this crisis. Has anybody else been briefed on this new initiative?

Jeffrey,

News to me. I’m not aware of Cirrus subsidizing policies. To the best of my knowledge, though, they ARE working on a bunch of initiatives that collectively MAY influence the insurance companies to moderate their premiums. Some of the efforts are in cooperation with COPA.

• Mike.