Inflator Life Seat Life Limits

I am looking for guidance on the life limits for the pilot and co-pilot seat inflators.

The time limits are in the Cirrus Airplane Maintenance Manual, and your aircraft should have the expiry dates in its airframe log book.

I’ve never heard of such things. What are seat inflators?

They inflate the airbags.

1 Like

Chapter 4 section of the Maintenance Manual shows the FAA and Cirrus have determined the airbag system is required (if installed) to be within the life limit as posted in the FAA APPROVED LIFE LIMIT section.

And, The FAA Approved Life Limit Section shows that this is posted in aisle 12, shelf 4, of the Library of Congress, which lists a link to www.faalifelimit.gov, which is currently a broken link, but they are working on it.

I found the life limits for the inflators either 10 years or 12 years - depending on part number.
Has anyone had the inflators overhauled - exchanged - replaced? If so where did you have that accomplished?

Dear Rochester Air Center,

COPA posting rules require that you post using your real (human) name. Please modify your profile to comply with that policy.

Are you a COPA member? If so, you should log in and post in the appropriate forum. You will get WAY more responses and information. If not, you should REALLY consider joining. The cost is inconsequential compared to the benefits.

I am a COPA Member - I thought I was logged in to the appropriate forum.
Chris Schubert

1 Like

Such a troublemaker Schube! :wink:

1 Like

Thank you Chis. The “real name” issue seems to be far more frequent with the new website. When I saw you using the Guest forum (which many members don’t monitor) I jumped to a wrong conclusion. Sorry.

Hey how are you!
Our seaplane is up and running!

Just got back from Florida. I have every intention of flying your amphib as much as possible again this summer. See you at IUA.