GPS errors

Anyone have an issue with GPS #2 giving you an error that says unusable? Today it took extra long to acquire satellites, and then GPS 2 went inop after startup. I turned it off and then back on, and crossfilled and it was fine. Any ideas?

In reply to:

Anyone have an issue with GPS #2 giving you an error that says unusable? Today it took extra long to acquire satellites, and then GPS 2 went inop after startup. I turned it off and then back on, and crossfilled and it was fine. Any ideas?

Though I suppose it might be different in the G2, in most Cirri, the #2 GPS antenna is just mounted using what is basically a very strong velcro, to the underside of the glareshield, just behind the MFD. Sometimes the antenna falls down which impacts GPS reception.

So you might want to take a quick look behind the MFD and see if your antenna has fallen…

I lose mine regularly in flight, due to my wife’s Sprint cell phone (when it goes into analog mode searching for coverage). Well documented in other thread. Turning the phone off allows the 430 to reacquire within a few tens of seconds.