Full Motion Simulator

I am told there is a full motion simulator at North Las Vegas airport (KVGT). Can anyone direct me to the correct FBO?

In reply to:

I am told there is a full motion simulator at North Las Vegas airport (KVGT). Can anyone direct me to the correct FBO?

Ricky,

I guess I can - since I serve as technical support for that sim.

It’s not at an FBO; it’s located at Lone Mountain Aviation, west of the old control tower. For booking information, contact The Flight Academy - (206) 219-3720.

• Mike.

Last Monday, I spent some time in the simulator with one of Flight Academy’s instructers.

It is an excellent tool for practicing instrument approaches in adverse conditions, (“Hey crank up that turbulance, I love it!” [:P]), plus emergency procedures under various system failures.

It will even give you an idea what you’ll generally feel when you pop the chute.

I highly recomment the sim, and I’ll be going back for more “torture” in the future.

Walt

What is the hourly rate and how available is it?

Joe,

The sim is $105.00/hr, and the instructer rate is either $300/1/2 day (4 hrs) or $595/full day (8hrs).

From what I understand it is fairly easy to get time if you book in advance, but business is on a constant increase.

Walt

I know this will sound like I’ve been hanging around Rick too long, but can you hire them for the 1/2 day for $300 and then split it with another guy so you both get two hours for around $360 with everything? I think 2 hours would be plenty for me. I just want to do it for fun.

In reply to:

I know this will sound like I’ve been hanging around Rick too long, but can you hire them for the 1/2 day for $300 and then split it with another guy so you both get two hours for around $360 with everything? I think 2 hours would be plenty for me. I just want to do it for fun.

Joe,

With all your money, why not just buy your own simulator! They’re only $250K complete with an Aero Tow. [:)]

Seriously, give Luke Lysen a call (206) 334-0642 (the Prez) or Terry Oddell (instructor at VGT) (602) 793-0223. I think they aim to please.

Walt