FBO at Allegheny County(AGC)

I’ll be parking overnight at Allegheny County and am looking for an FBO with tie-downs, access to taxis and low prices. Any recommendations? Thanks

In reply to:

I’ll be parking overnight at Allegheny County and am looking for an FBO with tie-downs, access to taxis and low prices. Any recommendations? Thanks

I’ve always had good luck with Corporate Air there, though I have not had the same requirements as you (i.e. taxis).

I go to AGC a lot (my daughter is in Pittsburgh) and always use Corporate Air. I think they are the only game in town anyway.
One note. They don’t have any good means of pulling a Cirrus to the parking area. It is a good idea to either deplane at the entrance to the FBO and then taxi to the parking area OR tell them on Unicom that you want to simply go to the parking area directly. They will come out with a cart to pick you up.
Also, if possible, call ahead on Unicom 15 minutes or so out and ask them to call the taxi. Taxi service in Pittsburgh can be very slow.

We used Corporate Air a couple of weks ago and their service was very prompt and courteous.

The FBO will arrange a rental car too, and bring it out to the field if you’re traveling “heavy”. The folks were really nice to the wife and me the last time there.

I think I’m kind of biased since I’m a native Pittsburgher - although I don’t get there much any more.

I really like the old art-deco terminal building there too. It’s worth a trip to see it alone!

Thanks everyone. Corporate Air worked out fine. Only drawback was the length of time it took the taxi to arrive (a common problem according to Colleen at the counter). I’d suggest calling ahead (129.95) while 15 minutes so out to request the taxi.