Evaluating Purchase

In reply to:

Remember, good salesmanship is a profession, not an opportunity to attack the competition

Dennis,

Well put!

It’s a sad reflection on the state of aviation journalism that SWAviator published a review of the Lancair Columbia 400 written by the wife of a Lancair Columbia dealer. It’s even sadder that this relationship was not disclosed in the article (just as it was not in Ms. Lauchner’s post).

I note with some irony that Ms. Lauchner is working on a master’s degree in counseling at Arizona State University.

Cheers,
Roger

PS: Kudos to Frank Grabos for his much more effective post, which is a model of good salesmanship.

Wait a minute, please! I am not responsible for these posts, and I’m embarrassed to be involved. I am not even minimally qualified to make comparisons. I am not a pilot-- not even a student pilot! I am a writer, and I am a member here because I thought it was helpful for me to stay educated about different airplanes. I enjoy reading these forums, and I appreciate how good-natured and pleasant they are. I get the guest discussions emailed to me, and read them when I have a chance. Now, this morning, I see my name all over the posts! I am definately NOT in favor of arguments over who has a better ANYTHING. I know it is helpful for prospective buyers to research different airplanes and to ask questions to other owners. Of course owners groups are going to like their planes better!
I am not happy about this. All I have ever used my membership for is to stay informed. My password will be changed immediately, and I truley apologize.

We have no indication that a parachute will be offered.

The name change was simply to distinguish the Columbia line of aircraft from the Lancair kit heritage. We are not associated with the Lancair kit company. I did spend a good deal of time at air shows explaining that.

Our Oshkosh display should have a few surprises this year. Stop by!

Frank Grabos
Willmar Air Service
Columbia Aircraft Mfg Company
www.flycolumbia.com

In reply to:

My password will be changed immediately, and I truley apologize.

Enquiring minds want to know – who is the little bugger that used your password and sullied your good name?

Jim Knollenberg SR20 1281 N814

Very very spooky

In reply to:

Wait a minute, please! I am not responsible for these posts, and I’m embarrassed to be involved.

My password will be changed immediately, and I truley apologize.

Ginnila

Why not also fill in your name, location, etc?