Customized Paint Protection Film Coverage

Mine is looking shredded after a ifr flight, care to come up and help? Dinner? I can arrange strippers? Oh, you meant for the adhesive…anyway still offered. Stripper or strippers, the offer stands!

Sorry, but do you have an offer for a leading edge protection product? I realize you are testing the waters, but I am ready to replace.
Thanks

I believe that the OEM provider of the film is Aerotect. I’ve bought replacement protection for the nose wheel pant and strut from them.

https://www.aircraftpaintprotection.com/Cirrus-SR-22-G3G5-Nosewheel-Strut_p_41.html

Unfortunately, no g1 offers…

Hello Ed ! Yes, there is a trick. On vacation this week. Please reach out next week and we’ll get you set up.

They have film for the G1

Thanks, it doesn’t show on their website as an option. I will reach out.

The problems you’re all experiencing with yellowing and difficult removal is due to the product being used. The film is either gen 3 3M or non top coat premium shield. Higher quality films have a negligible cost difference and none of those issues.

For removal, a steamer is the first step to a much easier process. Very little finger nail required.

I can concur that a steamer works well… we used these in removal of artwork on 3 of our Large box trucks that had graphics on them for 14 years

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XHXFHWG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_P-o0FbKKAMKVS?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

These are worth their weight in gold for removing vinyl stuff.

1 Like

Just ordered those a set of those scapers to remove old boat decals too, great find!

I did find their translated product description humorous, "Let’s find any other uses on your daily life, make your life more funny." Never knew these could do so much for my personality too :slight_smile:

Heat will shorten the life of the blade edge, but if you get the timing down, they work good. For a big decal, like N-numbers, having four handles ready works good. Use, rotate blades, use, replace blades, repeat. Keeps the heat gun on the move.

I concur with the plastic blade comments. I removed all the decals from my 2004. Lead with the heat gun and follow with the blade was the only way it came off. Once I got it started it would peel a bit then break and then I had to start over. Very frustrating and 25 long hours of labor! Was worth it though. All new updated graphics look amazing! Lots of compliments! Cheers!

Were you able to get a SR-22 G1 Nosewheel film Cover? I contacted Aerotect and was told that if not on the website they don’t have it. I just spent $1,200 to have my nose wheel fairing painted and would like some protection. Thanks!