Cirrus Training as BFR

Can the Cirrus factory training count as your BFR? Two birds with one stone, so to speak.

From the info I received from Wings Aloft for my June delivery, they will provide a BFR as part of the training.

The training covers all the bases - you just have to perform to standard in the new plane.

Assume if you needed a little more time, that could be arranged. Might even be a better idea than departing Duluth below BFR standards!(?)

Can the Cirrus factory training count as your BFR? Two birds with one stone, so to speak.

I was signed off with a BFR when I picked my plane up last October. They will also sign off an IPC or ICC or whatever the heck they’re called these days if you’re instrument rated and perform to PTS standards. All without extra charge, unless you add on extra hours trying to do so.

From the info I received from Wings Aloft for my June delivery, they will provide a BFR as part of the training.

The training covers all the bases - you just have to perform to standard in the new plane.

Assume if you needed a little more time, that could be arranged. Might even be a better idea than departing Duluth below BFR standards!(?)

When I picked up my plane a few months ago, they didn’t actually provide a full BFR, but they did complete a “Wings” form. After the completion of this form, if you attend a Wings safety seminar, you can mail the form into your FSDO and earn Wings credit, which exempts you from needing a BFR. (i.e. if you’ve earned a wings credit in the last 2 years, you don’t need an official BFR).

AOPA and FAA web sites have more info on the wings program, or send me a mail if you need more info.

Steve